Tips of National Moving
- Customer or representative must make a visit to the freight forwarder before booking services, in order to know its structure such as office, warehouse, customers etc.
- Do not use “autonomous” that stay in public places waiting for clients. Usually the services they offer are not trustworthy, for they have not a name to watch over and their prices are not always better than the ones of specialized companies.
- Every freight forwarders say to have insurance policy. This does not mean that they guaranty all services supplied by them. Ask the freight forwarder which you intend contract, a statement from the insurance company informing that the freight forwarder is reliable and responsible.
- Choose the best day and time to make your moving. Prior to moving, see with the condominium a suitable time for departure and for the arrival in the new address as well.
- Put a tag on all goods that are not to be transported: “Do not transport”.
- All the electric devices must be tested before packing and in the arrival at destination as well. Any occurrence must be observed at the moment.
- Jewels, art works, cameras, binoculars, watches and clocks, weapons, antiquaries, pictures, expensive art objects, important documents must be removed out of shipment by the customer or carried by the company when explicitly authorized by the customer and delivered to the company in hand and under receipt. The non-observance of this norm will release the company of any occurrence of losses, lacks, damages, breakings, spots and others.
- All toxic products, inflammable, dangerous, or that may offer risks during transportation must be eliminated of the shipment by the customer.
When moving to/from Brazil, look for a company that can give you assistance and make a responsible planning. Transportadora Rocha do this planning from the collection until the delivery of moving, such as:
- List of documents for releasing procedures.
- Customs brokerage.
- Port and airport fees and duties payment.
- Moving release.
- Transportation, unloading and unpacking.
- Setting up of furniture made by a specialized team.
- Removal of used packing material (debris).
- Devolution of empty container to port.
- Remittance of expense report to customer together with invoice.
How to enter in Brazil with provisory or permanent visa, being a foreigner or a Brazilian living out of Brazil for more than one year.
- Power of attorney for a customs broker authorized by Receita Federal, duly signed and accredited.
- Authenticated copy of Identity Card and CPF.
- Authenticated copy of address confirmation.
Note: The address stated in the confirmation of address must be the same mentioned in CPF.
- Work contract in Brazil (if not tourist).
Documents needed for release of moving
- Copy of all sheets of passport including sheets without information.
- Copy of airline ticket as well as shipment ticket.
- Bill of Lading and AWB for presentation.
- List of goods (inventory) in Portuguese, with values and stating individually that they are new or used.
- Declaration of the consulate stating time of staying abroad. Other documents that can confirm time of staying: public service bill, birth registration of sons or marriage registration, credit cards bills, house renting contract, etc.
- Should you come to Brazil to work, you can make your moving as temporary admission. Documents are the same as permanent admission, but you have to come back to the origin country within the period of time agreed with Receita Federal or your stay in Brazil becomes illegal.
- You may bring machines, tools, equipments etc. to Brazil; however you have to prove the relationship of them with your profession.
- It is not allowed to bring used cars, boats or motorcycles to Brazil, exception to Diplomat in official mission. Brand new cars or motorcycles may enter in Brazil if paying legal taxes to the Brazilian Customs.
- Even if you live in more than one country, you must indicate just one address as origin of shipment to Brazil.
- After arrival in Brazil, customer has 6 (six) months for his moving to arrive in Brazil and have clearance made.
- Alcoholic drinks are only allowed if showing evidence that they are being used. In case of boxes of drinks, one has to pay the taxes at Customs in Brazil.
- You may bring to Brazil all furniture and house hold effects, TV sets, music equipment, computer (new or used), if quantity is compatible with the number of persons of your family living with you.
- If you are a Brazilian coming back definitively to Brazil, you may bring your moving if you have lived for more than one year abroad. If you have lived abroad for less than one year, you may only bring books, clothing, foot-wears, hygiene articles, and computer. The total value of goods cannot be more than US$ 500. Exceeding this value, goods have to be taxed by Customs.
- All goods packed with wood material (wood boxes, cases, crates, etc.) are allowed to unload in port or airport upon fumigation certificated in origin country.